Regional: Affidavits and photos reveal more information about infant’s death

Affidavits and photos reveal more information about the infant who was found dead at Prime Stop gas station on Wesley Street in Greenville, Texas, last month.

Around 11 a.m. on Jan. 8, Greenville police officers were called to the Prime Stop gas station for reports of an unresponsive infant.

First responders were called to Prime Stop gas station for reports of an unresponsive infant.

When officers arrived, they found sisters Stephanie, 27, and Shawn, 20, Flynn with seven-week-old Alexiana Stevenson. According to the affidavits, the baby’s mother, Stephanie, called police from her sister’s cellphone, saying Alexiana died in the backseat of the car on their way home from Hugo, Oklahoma. When questioned, the sister, Shawn, admitted the story had been fabricated.

“Shawn states it was all a lie,” the affidavit reads. “She was getting ready for work at about 10:30 a.m. when she received a phone call from her sister stating she needed help and to come to her right away.”

Shawn said she immediately got into her car and went to where her sister was living with Jeremy Michael Stevenson, the baby’s father, in a shed behind a home in the 4000 block of Lakewood Street in Greenville.

Photo: Greenville Police Department || Alexiana’s baby bottles and pacifiers sit in a tub of dirty water on the floor of the shed.

“Shawn stated when she arrived her sister was sitting on the couch, Jeremy was standing by the door, and they were both crying,” police records show. “Shawn said the baby was lying on the bed and her sister [Stephanie] told her the baby was dead.”

Shawn told officers her sister told her not to call police as she didn’t want her parole officer to know she was living in a shed.

“While on the way to the hospital, Shawn said Stephanie told her to pull into a gas station to make the story more believable that they were just getting back into town,” the affidavit continues. “Shawn said she panicked and knew [lying] was wrong, but wanted to protect her sister from going back to jail.”

Records indicate baby Alexiana was found with extensive rigor mortis by the time investigators were on the scene and had blood coming out of her mouth and pooling inside her clothing. This led investigators to question the time of the baby’s death and doubt the sisters’ stories.

Photos from the investigation show the seven-week-old baby’s crib wedged between a propane tank and space heater on the concrete floor, surrounded by trash and tools. Alexiana’s autopsy results are still pending.

Photo: Greenville Police Department || Alexiana’s crib is wedged between a propane tank and space heater on the concrete floor.

The sisters were taken to Hunt County Detention Center. Stevenson was found hiding in a tree in Fannin County the next day, where he was arrested. Stephanie remains in Hunt County Detention Center on $50,000 bond for moving the corpse, however, officials said she has a parole hold and will not be allowed to bail-out. Shawn bonded out Jan. 9 from a $50,000 bond. Stevenson awaits extradition from Fannin County Sheriff’s Office.

Click here to read the original story.

Related posts

Leave a Comment