Teen killed neighbors hours after his mom kicked him out: cops

A teen accused of fatally stabbing his neighbors in April was booted from his Texas home just hours before the double killing, according to a newly released police report.

Jorge Carmond, 17, is accused in the stabbing deaths of John Smith, 61, and Melinda Smith, 59, who were attacked at their South Bexar County home on April 26. Carmond, who lived across the street from the Smiths, later admitted to responding deputies that the packed bags found in the trunk of the couples’ car were his and that John Smith was “going to give him a ride downtown,” according to the incident report obtained by the San Antonio Express-News.

Investigators believe Carmond planned to drive off with the vehicle, which was found parked with its trunk open by Bexar County Deputy L. Castellano.

“I did approach the front porch and observed [John Smith] lying on the front porch covered in blood on his chest,” Castellano wrote in the report.

Smith told the deputy he was stabbed by a neighbor who lived across the street. His wife was inside, he said, unresponsive and covered in blood.

“[John] stated he was going to work and the neighbor across the street came to his vehicle and told [him] to get out of the car,” according to the report . “[John] stated he did exit his vehicle and [Carmond] stabbed him … [John] told me he did not know why he was stabbed.”

After giving authorities a description of Carmond, Smith was taken to a hospital, where he later died. His wife was pronounced dead at the scene, stabbed to death on a couch in the living room. One of the couple’s dogs was also stabbed in the eye, according to the report, which indicates Carmond has confessed to the killings.

The manhunt for Carmond after the double stabbing took a bizarre turn when Carmond joined shocked neighbors and news reporters gathered on the block where the elderly couple were killed earlier that morning. He was ultimately spotted by deputies just a block from the crime scene and gave an interview to a reporter using a false name, George Bravo.

Carmond said he knew the couple’s adopted daughter, who recently ran away to Houston. He also cited some past disagreements with the quiet couple, but additional details are unclear.

“They didn’t really like me, you know,” Carmond told the newspaper in May. “They were pretty mean.”

Authorities then approached Carmond in the middle of the interview with a reporter, telling him that someone had just filed a suspicious person report against him. He was then taken away for questioning, the newspaper reports.

Deputies later spoke with Carmond’s mother, who said she had kicked him out of their house just hours earlier. Investigators then found evidence connecting Carmond to the double killing, according to the report.

Carmond remains held on $500,000 bail at the Bexar County Jail, charged with capital murder of multiple persons. If convicted, he could face up to life in prison or the death penalty since he was 17 at the time of the alleged killings.

Article original

Related posts

Leave a Comment